League of American Orchestras-2018 National Confer
- Reflecting Our Communities Through Music - 2018 National Conference — Mei-Ann Chen, music director, Chicago Sinfoneitta participated in a talk at the 2018 National Conference with Moderator: Jesse Rosen, president and CEO, League of American Orchestras Panelists: Lorenzo Candelaria, dean of the school of the arts, Purchase College, (former associate provost, University of Texas at El Paso); Isaac Thompson, vice president, artistic planning, New York Philharmonic [Added: Jan-25-2019]
- Opus 3 Artists — Opus 3 Artists LLC is a leading company managing the careers and touring activities of many of the world's most distinguished performing artists and ensembles.
Opus 3 Artists traces its roots to the pioneering role of the legendary Sol Hurok, the great 20th century impresario, whose dominant position in North America spanned half a century between the 1920s and 1970s. Its successor, ICM Artists, was formed in 1976 as a subdivision of International Creative Management and the company became independent again on November 1, 2006 as Opus 3 Artists LLC.
In only its sixth season Opus 3 Artists expanded internationally by opening Opus 3 Artists GmbH in Berlin, Germany, a new office to support the current roster in Europe, as well as develop its own, and provide better service to European orchestras and presenters. [Added: Jan-11-2019]
- Chicago Sinfonietta — Chicago Sinfonietta is an award-winning professional orchestra dedicated to modeling and promoting diversity, inclusion, and both racial and cultural equity in the arts through the universal language of symphonic music, based in Chicago, Illinois. [Added: Jan-11-2019]
- GROSSES ORCHESTER GRAZ (recreation –GROSSES ORCHESTER GRAZ) — In 2002 musicians of the Graz Symphony Orchestra formed “recreation – GROSSES ORCHESTER GRAZ”. The first subscription concerts were given in the 2002/03 season and were enthusiastically welcomed by the audience. Since then the orchestra has performed at the styriarte Festival in Graz, at the Musikverein in Vienna, at the Old Opera in Frankfurt, the Styrian Autumn Festival, the Jazz Summer Graz Festival etc.
The members of the orchestra either studied at the university of music in Graz or teach at one of the music education institutions in that city and whole Styria. With their different nationalities they also create a fusion of many south-east European cultures. Mei-Ann Chen was announced as Principal Guest Conductor February 23, 2019, beginning fall 2019 of the 2019-2020 season. [Added: Apr-9-2020]
- National Taiwan Symphony Orchestra Summer Festival — The International Youth Orchestra Festival presented by the National Taiwan Symphony Orchestra offers an invigorating environment for outstanding young musicians to take lessons from professional musicians and most sought-after teachers, and to participate in the youth orchestra for performances in major concert halls. All faculty members are renowned musicians from the most elite conservatories and orchestras around the world. Students have opportunities for private one-on-one instructions, orchestral training, as well as participating in public master classes . [Added: Jan-11-2019]
- ROCO — Houston’s River Oaks Chamber Orchestra (ROCO), is a dynamic and innovative professional music ensemble that flexes from 1 to 40 players from all over the US and Canada, with guest artists from around the world. Performing intimate concerts in dozens of venues, ROCO’s musicians don’t just give concerts – they challenge preconceptions, create extraordinary experiences, and foster new relationships with audiences through the language of music. Mei-Ann Chen was announced as the first-ever Artistic Partner of the orchestra on March 22, 2019, effective September 2019. [Added: Apr-9-2020]
Performance Today Interview with Fred Childs
The Conversation, BBC Worldwide
- BBC World Service, The Conversation — Host Kim Chakanetsa talks with Taiwanese-American conductor Mei-Ann Chen, Music Director of the Chicago Sinfonietta, and Chi-Chi Nwanoku, founder of the UK’s Chineke! Orchestra, on BBC World Service’s The Conversation Monday, December 10, 2018 for an insightful talk about challenging the status quo and opening up orchestras to more women and people of color. [Added: Jan-28-2019]